**Cultural chair serves on the Crosstie Board.
To expose area children to and expand their interest in all areas of the arts.
Culture is one of the five fields of service of Junior Auxiliary.
Crosstie Festival’s Annual Art and Writing Contest
- CHILDREN SERVED
- Open to all area children in 4k – 12th grades.
- JA sponsors the children’s art and writing contests for the Crosstie Arts Festival. We provide the prize money for the selected Bolivar County winners in each category. The Crosstie Arts Council provides the prize money for those winners outside of Bolivar County.
- MEMBER PARTICIPATION
- Participation is voluntary and will be requested through sign-up sheets.
Community Mural Project
This project is conducted every other year.
- CHILDREN SERVED
- JA will seek youth with the following interests:
- interests in public art-making’s connection to graffiti and street culture; our programs increase their self-confidence and ability to express themselves, develop new skills, and work in diverse groups: and they value the chance to work with professional artists and do something meaningful for their community.
- We will seek local, established artists. Professional artists will be carefully chosen: All shall have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in fine arts and experience working with underserved youth. Artists must be dedicated to helping create a new generation of creative, civic-minded spirits.
- To bring together youth, professional artists, and community in partnership. To use art as a tool for social change by creating high quality works of public art.
Collaborating with established artists and community organizations, youth will transform public spaces with dynamic murals, mosaics, and sculptures that enhance the quality of life in our community.
This project will attract youth interested in art-making’s connection to graffiti and street culture; increase participants’ self-confidence and ability to express themselves, develop new skills, and work in diverse groups: and they will value the chance to work with professional artists and do something meaningful for their community.